CONTEXT AND OBJECTIVE
The YellowSquare hostel in Rome redefines the meaning of a hostel as it aims at offering not only a place to sleep but also a unique experience with social connections and events.
With a large variety of activities, customers are able to live a personalised experience and create new connections with locals and/ or other tourists.
DESCRIPTION OF INITIATIVE
The Yellow Hostel follows the collaborative consumption perspective by proposing a series of activities and events within and out of the building to its customers, involving local inhabitants.
Indeed, the hostel includes in its offer, among others:
- A bar hosting multiple events and parties such as local bands live concerts
- Coworking spaces allowing customers to work surrounded by and eventually creating connections with other workers;
- Bike, cultural or shopping tours are organised with locals;
- A restaurant and the possibility to follow cooking lessons
- Bike and scooter rentals;
- The possibility to get a tattoo or a haircut
- Organisation: YellowSquare
- City: Rome
- Type of provider: hostel
- Circular principle: keep products and materials in use
- Focus: Relocate
- Keywords: #Collaborative Consumption #Experience #Social